2013년 11월 18일 월요일

Youth, Ryan McGinley





I have a new hobby after having visited the first and the best photograph gallery last summer.
Tracing back the memory, here I go, "Dancers Among Us" by Jordan Matter! He's an old but passionate photographer who actually came to Korea for another series of animated and dynamic photoshoot with Korean singer Do-Hyun Yoon and the ballerina (forgot her name. But I am so sure she is the top ballerina here.) I remember the photos were truly lively and if ever he visits again with a similar series, I am definitely going. And this time, I heard there was a gallery by a photographer Ryan McGinley.



Ryan McGinley is, on the other hand, a young (24-year-old I think) artist who studied in Parsons. (See how crazy and passionate he would be in photography?) His photos were artists with bear body. According to the curator, he tried to show dreamlike, amateur and the last one I forgot description of youth. But obviously it really came through my understanding why the pictures were dreamlike and amateur.


This photograph is well, self-interpreted. I am not a professional but it reminded me of myself and my brother playing in a small tunnel on the playground. Not as big as that tunnel but it helped me reminisce it. Another view is that it seems to show pure yet brave curiosity of two young people, trying to explore what these shiny things sparkling in the dark! From the safety zone(light, outside), they step into a new and mysterious tunnel to quench their pure curiosity and desire of what these sparks would be. Is it not describing youth appropriately? I think this photograph is well suited for myself. I am somewhat bold and audacious. Probably I am not as thoughtful as I want to be. I don't want to be this way but I am kind of person who learn what and how to put on gears after being scratched from sharp nails. And I hear "you are growing honey."

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기