2013년 12월 22일 일요일

12.19.2013 "Dream in Dream"


 
 Amids preparation for Christmas Blessing for Soya Island, I and Hyejeong went to "Dream in Dream," the graduation play for Yejun. I was actually excited to see a play especially because the actors all majored in acting. 

On Thursday 19th, it snowed and the world was covered white  :) 












The setting of "Dream in Dream" is Shilla period, even before Chosun dynasty was established. General Yusin Kim, one of heros in old Korean history, appears as a brother of two sisters, Bohee and Munhee. ( I mentioned Yusin first because it was Yejun's role. ) 

One day, Bohee dreamt of herself peeing. Then, she saw her urine covering the whole Shilla. When she woke up, she told Munhee about her dream. Munhee was amused with the dream and she told her sister that she wants to buy that dream. So Munhee bought it (and I think that changed the destiny of two sisters.) The two sisters were both in love with their own lovers. Bohee loved Chunchoo (who will become the king) and Munhee loved Migon (a guy who makes beautiful silk.) One day, Chunchoo played soccer with Yusin. While playing, Chunchoo attire's seam was loosened so Yusin brought Chunchoo to his house to fix it. Yusin asked Bohee to fix it but she refused. So Munhee went to fix the cloth instead of her sister. Because of Munhee's beautiful face, Chunchoo had crush on her and so, they slept together that night. Unexpectedly (or as I expected) Munhee became pregnant. They got married and as Munhee wished, she became the queen of Shilla. When Shilla was in war, Bohee was compelled to be sent to the opposite country in request of Munhee. Bohee was sent and she was killed after she was caught spying for Shilla. Old Munhee contemplates on her past.. she regrets her strong desire for power and honor. 

For me, when Munhee went to Bohee to beseech for going to the opposite country for the sake of Shilla, Bohee's word touched my heart. She said, " I will wither in withering flowers. And you thrive in blossoming flowers." THAT pierced my heart. Her sadness and sacrifice was eloquently delivered by that quote. 

Hyejeong and I congratulated Yejun for finishing well his graduation play. aHHHHH I cannot forget Bohee's teary look and the scene! I was more entrapped in the play in the second part! The play is well made :) 




댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기